Ruidoso mandatory evacuation- wildfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruidoso mandatory evacuation- wildfire

Wildfire started on the Mescalero Apache reservation but has moved towards the village. Initially just the N & NW canyons were evacuated, but I’m seeing the entire village is being evacuated

just a heads up for anyone that was planning to escape the summer heat up there

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1398
Size:	366.6 KB
ID:	26818478

Crap

Comment

A buddy of mine called me earlier. They have a vacation house there. The last pics he got on his cameras were of the house on fire, and then cameras went out. Their VRBO guests evacuated earlier. Horrible deal.

Comment

My son just got back from out there. Pretty wild!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          A buddy of mine called me earlier. They have a vacation house there. The last pics he got on his cameras were of the house on fire, and then cameras went out. Their VRBO guests evacuated earlier. Horrible deal.
          Gotta be absolutely gut wrenching to see it burn when you're hours away

Comment

That’s wild! I thought I saw some big storms on radar there a few days ago, guess they were to far east

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post

Gotta be absolutely gut wrenching to see it burn when you're hours away
              It would be WAY worse if it was their home. But it's just an investment property that's insured now for a lot more than they paid for it. He's not happy about it, but it's not near as bad as losing your home. Some folks out there are going through that nightmare for sure.

Comment

Opinion July 11, 2024 Priest miscalculates in removing “Apache Christ” By Sherry Robinson All She Wrote: The Catholic Church stumbled badly. In the dark of night, Father Peter Chudy Sixtus Simeon-Aguinam and his accomplices removed beloved paintings from St. Joseph… Obituaries News July 12, 2024 More flooding … Rains turned into flash floods July 9-10, […]

My friend said he saw a fire on Sunday, not Monday as the article states

Comment

Wow bad deal

Comment

There ain’t enough beer to make scorched earth look good.

Comment

Horrible hopefully rain is in the forecast.

Comment

We just canceled a house for this weekend. We were heading that way on Thursday. We’re going to keep them all in our prayers for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          We just canceled a house for this weekend. We were heading that way on Thursday. We’re going to keep them all in our prayers for sure!
                          Were you going to the concert at Ruidoso Downs, Wade Bowen?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                            Horrible hopefully rain is in the forecast.
                            Not til Wednesday at the earliest, but chances do go up from there with decent rain chances and maybe up to an inch through the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Were you going to the concert at Ruidoso Downs, Wade Bowen?
                              If we could snag last minute tickets we were going to. It was just a quick get away, and I found out about the concert only a few days ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X