Marathon Florida Fishing Charter???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marathon Florida Fishing Charter???

My wife and I are headed to the Keys for a week and are looking for a fishing charter...anyone have any first hand recommendations for the Marathon / Middle Keys area? Thanks!

Depends on what you are wanting to fish for. I would check out Two Conchs in marathon as they are a big outfit and offer everything. Great store if you just want to drop in and check it out.

Capt. Hooks might still run a party not, marathon lady. I don’t remember seeing it earlier this month so it could be out of commission.

If you like to fly fish, you are on the tail end of the palolo worm hatch and could possibly find someone to go chase tarpon on the fly. Vaca cut was apparently loaded thick earlier this month.

good luck!

ac

Comment

I fished inshore with Ted Wilson out of Islamorada, had a good trip and he worked hard to keep us on the fish. Caught snook, baby tarpon, jacks, etc. Sharks were bad, they were hammering our fish.

Rates Full day (2 people) " $700.00 | Half day (2 people) " $450.00 3rd person " add $100.00 on full day | add $75.00 on half day. Captain Ted is recognized as one of the finest backcountry fishing guides in the Keys. Born and raised …

Offshore I fished with Go Time Charters, Captain Galon Johnson, we caught Mahi Mahi and were in fish chasing birds all day. Nothing big but constant action and got a lot of meat.

The Go Time Charters is a 26' 266 SF World Cat. The catamaran hull provides a smooth and comfortable ride in any sea.

I would fish with both of them again.
      Last edited by bowhunterhelm; 06-17-2024, 06:08 PM.

Comment

We just got back from there and had a great trip with Capt Ben Zdan at https://benofishal.com/ He and his mate both worked hard for us based on what we were interested in. I would definitely fish with him again.

Comment

Good info. Thank you!

Not opposed to a backcountry trip, thinking more reef and near shore type thing to fill the cooler with good eats.

Comment

Drive to Islamorada and fish with Bud and Mary's

Comment

Jeff Rella of Superfish Charter in Marathon he is hands down the best their is around that area
              305 923 1153 he has some awesome boats

Comment

Working...
              X