Hurricane Season 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Season 2024

Might as well get this started. Would hope it goes without saying, but it doesn't so- NO WISHCASTING AND NO ARGUING ABOUT WANTING A STORM IN THIS THREAD. Some want rain, some dont. Such is life, lets stick to the facts. Looking like there will be ample moisture across a really warm gulf next week. Bears watching for sure, could be a rain event early next week for parts of Texas if nothing else. For anyone travelling to Florida this week, you will likely face some rain. We were blessed with amazing weather in Destin last week. Good week to prep for the whole season.

The Eyewall – Seeing you through the storm

Space City Weather

From the long term section of today's forecast from the Houston/Galveston NWS

Things become quite a bit more uncertain heading into next weekend
    as global models continue to show the development of a weak area
    of low pressure near the Yucatan Peninsula/Bay of Campeche towards
    the end of the weekend. The exact track of this potential system
    is still hard to pinpoint and will depend heavily on its
    genesis location and the exact positioning of the aforementioned
    ridge as we head into the beginning of next week. Still, it`s
    something to keep an eye on as we could see more widespread
    rainfall as early as Sunday as the system potentially pushes into
    the Central Gulf.​

Comment

Please Keep the info coming.

And yes get ready for the side arguments. lol

Comment

The GFS sure had a ugly run this afternoon, about 10-12 days from now

Comment

In

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
            The GFS sure had a ugly run this afternoon, about 10-12 days from now
            Yes it did. Surely it's drunk, but unsettling to see none the less. Image below- 360 hours is la la land, but not trying to leave anyone out of the chat. GFS this run takes it slightly west of north through Texas.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.png Views:	0 Size:	498.3 KB ID:	26812861
            Last edited by TexasBob; 06-10-2024, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I’ll be curious to see if the GFS still has that in their run tomorrow. I’ve seen that model have something like that and then two model runs later there won’t even be a low pressure system lol

Comment

I’ll be curious to see if the GFS still has that in their run tomorrow. I’ve seen that model have something like that and then two model runs later there won’t even be a low pressure system lol
                For sure. It has a storm somewhere at the end of most runs. I was reading about that today. Seems the model is super sensitive to avoid missing things.

Comment

Definitely going to change alot, that run right there would hit me dead nuts. Local news yesterday was saying Louisiana, today saying Mexico-Texas.

Comment

I wish my customers would quit calling and reminding me that it’s hurricane season.

also….it rained again at the ranch in llano today.

twice

Comment

Covered by @realnewsnowbull**** earlier today. Just in time for the seaon.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by graesz View Post
                        No problem. Biden can simply print more off the presses and/or ask our buddies in Ukraine for a fraction of our money back……

Comment

Now would be as good a time as any to get rid of FEMA.

Comment

A Florida rainmaker and likely a fish storm if it gets named, but we have some color on the map for the first time this season.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	4526
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	26813368

Comment

Originally posted by graesz View Post

Its like a play book from House of Cards

Comment

Working...
                              X