What has happened to the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has happened to the world?

Slip N Slides have pillow bumpers on them now. We survived the old one's even when we set it up out in the street. SMH

Click image for larger version

Name:	slipnslide.jpg
Views:	1230
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	26811455

Well… they designed this particular one for people who rent B&Bs - the extra padding is so they won’t hit the furniture when they set it up INSIDE! True story and is the new thing.

Comment

Went to buy one for my grandson,they ain't called slip n slides anymore and it was 50 bucks🙉

Comment

Where the blue tarp and dawn dish soap at. If we got too much speed we would end up in the sticker burrs. Good times.

Comment

I wore out 2 or 3 trampolines & a half dozen bmx bikes so the sxs was childs play...70's & 80's were heaven.

Comment

That doesnt look like a bumber to me...it looks like a ramp!

Comment

When I was a kid we built them out of an old tarp, or garbage bags.

Comment

Hell we made our own. Roll of visqueen, bottle of dish soap and water hose. No safety devices required. Most of us are all still living and those not didn't die from a slipnslide without bumper safeties. And that over priced safety minded one is too dang short.
                Last edited by dbaio1; 06-09-2024, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Chug some beer and hit it like you’re 12. Your body won’t hate you tomorrow!!

Comment

Back in my young days in VN flying 'choppers, we did something called "Night Carrier Landings" which involved 2 tables end-to-end, some beer (not soap) and sometimes a bit of vodka that was lit as the approach began. Hit the flaming table at a dead run, slide thru and off the opposite end. Only saw two injuries. One was when the tables were set up too close to the bar and a guy slid into the bar and crunched his head/neck pretty bad. The other was when the guy went out the door to start his approach and took long enough the fire died and we put another shot of vodka on the table and started it up again. Well, the reason it took so long was because he dumped his flight suit and came flying in in skivvies, much to his dismay. Table top was hot and dry and he stuck to it, losing a patch of skin the size of a basketball on his guy. He was a black guy, and when it healed, his gut was no longer black, and that was the last time he or anyone else tried that.

Comment

I thought slipping slides were 3ft wide by 50ft long

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                        Hell we made our own. Roll of visqueen, bottle of dish soap and water hose. No safety devices required. Most of us are all still living and those not didn't die from a slipnslide without bumper safeties. And that over priced safety minded one is too dang short.
                        Originally posted by RMW View Post
                        I thought slipping slides were 3ft wide by 50ft long
                        Yep. This durn thing is waaaaay too short. Not like they used to be. When I grew up in Oak Cliff, nobody would let us play in the yards. Didn't want us messing up the grass. We did everything in the street. Played baseball, football and yes, slip n slides. All on the pavement.

Comment

It all started with the end of dodge ball in PE

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post

Yep. This durn thing is waaaaay too short. Not like they used to be. When I grew up in Oak Cliff, nobody would let us play in the yards. Didn't want us messing up the grass. We did everything in the street. Played baseball, football and yes, slip n slides. All on the pavement.
                            Grass and yards?? You must've been rich! Where I grew up in Oak Cliff it was apartments and parking lots!

Comment

Liberism

Comment

Working...
                              X