No announcement yet.

Diversity in Medical school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much use of the word "deserve" as in "they deserve it". Our society sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
      Too much use of the word "deserve" as in "they deserve it". Our society sucks.
      Yep. Just look what this mentality has gotten us in the form of a VP and a press secretary. A couple of bonafide idiots!!
      This country is deliberately being set up to fail, at every level, with this PC garbage. And it’s working perfectly.
      Last edited by PondPopper; 05-25-2024, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I feel fortunate to have gotten in at tech. One of two interviews I received when I applied. Graduated last week. There were elements of the curriculum that I didn’t feel had any place in learning clinical medicine.

Comment

I'm thankful my son is at LaTech Engineering. It's not a woke program at all and is very challenging. Taking Cal 3 he was making exam grades in mid upper 70's and was still above average in the class as the class average was in upper 60's.
          They push these kids hard on hands-on projects right out of the gate as freshman which is unique in my opinion as most schools focus on the prerequisite and fundamentals of engineering the first two years and push off major hands-on projects until Jr/Sr year.
          Oh and he is several of other white males in the program. I don't know the ethnicity breakdown but several in his class from Monroe area.

Comment

I just read an article about the “prestigious “ UCLA Mecical school class where 50% couldn’t pass a basic medical exam. DEI definitely requires lowers standards.

Comment

When I was still working, and that was several years ago, I was staying in College Station every other week. I had occasion to drive by A&M lots of times. I was amazed at the lack of white male students that I would see on the campus during (I’m guessing) class change. Many Indians (not the Sitting Bull kind), Muslims, Africans, etc., but not many white boys. That’s anecdotal, and not scientific, but I passed by there a lot going to Caldwell.

Comment

Working...
              X