Electricity providers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    Energy Ogre got me set up with APG&E. we'll see what happens.
    They didn't get the change to APG&E completed by Friday. This morning I noticed they were signing me up with Shell Energy. I called in to talk to them and they said both those plans have expired so they are trying another company that I have never heard of. My contract with Ambit expired last Saturday and they didn't get me changed before it expired. Going with Energy Ogre is starting to look like a bad decision.

Comment

I just got another email, they are back with APG&E...... We're on the 4th provider in 3 days. WOW

Comment

Thought of this thread when I saw this the other day:

Choosing a new electric plan, comparing rates and fees can be complicated. It’s why some customers pay an electric broker or a third party to find the lowest rates. But some customers say their energy company is threatening to cancel their contracts because they signed up with the help of a broker. KPRC 2 Investigative reporter Amy Davis is asking - can they do that?

Comment

They finally got me signed up with APG&E today, after I called them once again. I keep my credit locked and they said that was the issue even though I unlocked it each time they sent me a notice to do so. They claimed each rate expired before I unlocked it, yet yesterday I had it unlocked within 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
            Thought of this thread when I saw this the other day:

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...happen-to-you/
            That is crazy. I like his example of using an attorney to review a contract before signing. Using an electricity broker should definitely be allowed. They are experts, not the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post

They didn't get the change to APG&E completed by Friday. This morning I noticed they were signing me up with Shell Energy. I called in to talk to them and they said both those plans have expired so they are trying another company that I have never heard of. My contract with Ambit expired last Saturday and they didn't get me changed before it expired. Going with Energy Ogre is starting to look like a bad decision.
              So far all has gone smooth for me. Made my account with APG&E online and they have kept in contact really well. Paid my last bill with Direct Energy yesterday. $290 for a half a month.

Comment

Wish I could choose !
                Wise Co. Electric is strong arming us.
                We used to save money, when living in metroplex, by changing providers every 1-2 yrs. Now only option is, pay Wise. Co. or do without electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post

So far all has gone smooth for me. Made my account with APG&E online and they have kept in contact really well. Paid my last bill with Direct Energy yesterday. $290 for a half a month.
                  They finally got me swapped to APG&E yesterday which was 4-5 days after my contract with Ambit expired. I am sure I will be ripped off for those days out of contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                    I just got another email, they are back with APG&E...... We're on the 4th provider in 3 days. WOW
                    Wow, the cancelation fees you're probably going to get hit with

Comment

My contract is up in a couple weeks.

After reading all this, I think I am going to just do what I normally do. Consult Power to Chose, review EFL’s and select. Probably going to get a 3 or 6 month contract though, to see if I can’t weather the current pricing in the market.

Comment

Does anybody know if the prices displayed/posted on power to choose include the delivery charge or is it just what the providers are charging per kilo-watt for electricity and delivery will be extra??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          Does anybody know if the prices displayed/posted on power to choose include the delivery charge or is it just what the providers are charging per kilo-watt for electricity and delivery will be extra??
                          It’s an estimate usage charge that includes delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            You have to read the EFL. You'll see 3 tiers of kwh. Depending on the provider those 3 tiers can vary alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post

Wow, the cancelation fees you're probably going to get hit with
                              Only the last attempt was completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post

You have to read the EFL. You'll see 3 tiers of kwh. Depending on the provider those 3 tiers can vary alot.
                                And, it is graduated scale pricing, not all in pricing.

Comment

Working...
                                X