No announcement yet.

Old Mexico 2024/2025

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's new stuff - they are more likely to give it more of a look than used stuff.

I work up an itemized receipt in excel for whatever I bring over - stamp PAID on it - and have never had a problem with whatever I put as the value. I don't get stupid w/ the prices though.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
      If it's new stuff - they are more likely to give it more of a look than used stuff.

I work up an itemized receipt in excel for whatever I bring over - stamp PAID on it - and have never had a problem with whatever I put as the value. I don't get stupid w/ the prices though.
      That’s what I have been told by a few people to do. I’m not gonna be dumb with the prices like you said, don’t want to be hung up at the crossing all day. I was just kind of wondering what kind of percentage, I’ve heard 18%, 20%, and then heard whatever they want to charge you. But I appreciate everyone, first year going down so I’m taking it all in.

Comment

20%
        if you don’t have the Receipt with what you paid. They will look it up on their phone. I got Rang up on my gas Air compressor on my truck in April.

Comment

Spots available on Sabinas lease.

I recently leased 13k acres south of Sabinas coah about 7-8 miles off hwy 57. It will be a total of 6 guns, with me having one. 3k a spot. Ranch has 2 miles of river frontage, large house with electric, several large lakes from old coal mines. I got 11 pins and corn going about a month ago, cotton seed going this weekend. I’ve got 12 protein feeders l’ll start getting out next trip. There’s No stands, about 1/2 the spots are by a windmill or something elevated. This is past the 2nd checkpoint. Good roads, had a lot of dozer work recently. This is in red dirt from the old volcano a few miles away. Some old pics of deer from this ranch and the neighbors.

Justin milam 512-789-5722
          Last edited by Learjet; 06-10-2024, 12:02 AM.

Comment

haven't logged in in a long time.....

Comment

1" at El Gato headquarters. More in some areas. Less others. The every two week rains continue

Comment

What caliber rifle do y’all prefer to hunt Mexico with? Our landowner loves the .308 and we usually check one and leave him the cartuchos every year, but I honestly don’t love it. I’ve taken a Vanguard .300 Weatherby Mag the last several years because I prefer high shoulder shots, no tracking jobs, and this gun gives me confidence in doing that and at an extended range if need be.

My FIL joined our lease this year and has tasked me with putting together a Mexico specific rifle for him. He only said he wanted something that is accurate and not so pricey that if it goes missing, he’d be mad about it. I settled in on a Ruger American Predator Gen 2 in 7mm PRC and have had one back ordered for several months. It doesn’t look like they’re going to release it in time, so now I’m starting over. He’s older so I’m leaning away from the big magnums like mine but still want some knockdown power. .270, 7mm-08, Mossberg or CVA 7mm PRC???

Comment

I've hunted. 270, .300 win mag but now I use my Sendero 25-06. I've learned over the years is not about the size of the gun, but where you put the bullet. My dad has shot the heck out of them down there with a 6mm.

Comment

Tell your dad I said hello Shane, he is a good man. Way back in the early years of the 80’s Mexican military frowned on the 308 caliber and that’s mostly what we had. We all switched to 270. My buddy still complains about the years I insisted everybody shoot 270.

Comment

I check in a .270 and 25-06…..high shoulder and zero tracking to date great rounds for deer if you can shoot

Comment

All you 25-06 guys, I have 3 unopened boxes of Hornady Precision 25-06 110 gr I need to get rid of. Sell or trade for .270, .264 or .243

Comment

IMPO a 270 win mag is the greatness round ever made for Deer hunting.

Comment

Well I’m not looking forward to the coastal flooding from this tropical depression but man, if the forecasters are remotely correct it looks like once this storm pushes through coastal south Texas it’s going to dump anywhere from 3-5 inches of rain from Nuevo Laredo all the way up to Acuna.

Comment

Yes it’ll be perfect timing in Sabina’s we had 4-5” 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Setting up to be one of the rare years where the stars all line up. Deer went through the easy winter in good shape, had an early rain, solid rain in May and now possibly more. One of those years where I push all my chips on the table and wait for the giant one. One of my favorites, "You'll never kill a giant deer if you keep shooting good deer".

Comment

Working...
                                X