Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

The first part. Texas will be fine in the SEC
    I have been ready for him to go for a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post

Quit projecting. Sip baseball weak AF. Aggies been dominant all year. We run this state for baseball, too.

Looks like the Ags plan was to get rested up for their regional like the Horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Looks like the Ags plan was to get rested up for their regional like the Horns.
        They played like they need the rest for regional

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post

You aren't wrong. I just haven't seen a legitimate candidate with a better resume. As Trump would say the solution can't be worse than the problem and Joe Torre isn't walking thru the door. Resume isn't the end all be all but if you put a pile of legitimate resumes in front of the AD with no names and this resume is in it what does AD do? Or if UT hired this resume away from Tech or Ok St or someplace like that vs already being in the dugout would you be happy?

I just have a hard time holding anything for this year against him given the hand he was dealt this year.
          • LBJ not being LBJ - is that his fault as pitching coach or was the pressure just too much for the kid or is he just not good once the scouting report got out
          • Witt not being able to contribute - is that his fault as pitching coach or is it just what it is? Either way that is removing the Friday and Saturday starters from the pre season plan not to mention how much of the NIL allotment were for these 2 guys with virtually zero return?
          • Closer needing TJ before the season even starts - is that his fault as pitching coach or is it just what it is? Either way, how many games would have been different with projected Friday and Saturday starters giving you 6, Dre giving you the 7th, Boehm giving you the 8th and then a shut down closer? I can think of quite a few. And then add in at least 1 of the starters, say Whitehead as long relief or out of the bullpen and how different is the season?
          • Shaw not recovering from injury - is that his fault as pitching coach or is it just what it is? Either way Shaw went from a .195 against to a .275 against since last year.
          • Every other portal pitcher getting hurt - is that his fault as pitching coach, is that his fault as head coach for bad takes, or is it just what it is? Either way, if 1 or 2 of those guys provide a little depth to what is already mentioned above how different is the season?
          • Big kid from Duke decides to hang them up - is that his fault as head coach for a bad take? This was a middle of the lineup switch hitter that would have gotten ride of most of the players rotating this year - Thomas plays every inning in center, Gasparino gets brought along more slowly and/or gets Porter Brown out of the lineup sooner, below Mendoza O' Dowd gets 1/10 of the playing time this year, etc.
          • Portal in general provided absolutely nothing - again, how much of that is his fault vs just bad luck with injuries, head cases, etc.
          • Porter Brown going from .323 and 12 dongs to batting .213 with 8 dongs. is that his fault as head coach or the player who is now a redshirt Senior?
          Most of these are pitching and most are injury related. How much of that injury/rehab/recovery is the fault of the pitching coach is debatable but that is a tough hand for any coach dealing with 11.7 (Vandy coach doesn't currently deal with 11.7 by the way). While the majority of that list may be his fault, I can't blame it all on him.
          I feel like some are going to be very surprised when they don’t venture out past the current staff in the dugout to find the new head guy………

Comment

Originally posted by Bandito10 View Post

I feel like some are going to be very surprised when they don’t venture out past the current staff in the dugout to find the new head guy………
            Have heard the same.

Comment

Helluva game yesterday between Tigers and Gamecocks'.
              Geaux Tigers they are starting to sync at the right time. LFG!

Comment

Originally posted by Bandito10 View Post

Cam Constantine it is!!! On a serious note, I'm not sure how I would feel about that. It would likely be good but as a top all time program I would think Texas would get somebody with more skins on the wall.

Comment

I never understood the reason for the conference tournament anyway, if the winner of the conference has already been determined, and the teams with a real shot at Omaha are more interested in getting rest and setting up their rotation for regionals. I sure don't mind the extra baseball, but it doesn't seem to matter much.

Comment

I sure hope y'all are talking about Tulo...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I sure hope y'all are talking about Tulo...
                      Same and not Rodriguez...

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                        Helluva game yesterday between Tigers and Gamecocks'.
                        Geaux Tigers they are starting to sync at the right time. LFG!
                        Been a heck of a ride the last couple of weeks......what could have been! I guarantee there isn't a team in the country that wants LSU in their regional right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Same and not Rodriguez...
                          I thought it was weird that Rodriguez took that job after being a HC at Pepperdine and Baylor. Maybe he knew something that we didn't! I figure Del Conte gave Pierce another year after falling one game short of the CWS last year and told Rodriguez to hold on for one more just in case. Then again, why would Tulo stick around if he wasn't CIW after moving from the dugout to the office and back to the dugout if he wasn't CIW?

Comment

Give Tulo a shot. I'm down.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I never understood the reason for the conference tournament anyway, if the winner of the conference has already been determined, and the teams with a real shot at Omaha are more interested in getting rest and setting up their rotation for regionals. I sure don't mind the extra baseball, but it doesn't seem to matter much.
                              Automatic Qualifiers

Comment

Eh. Just pick the 64 best teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X