Costa Rica Fishing Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa Rica Fishing Guide

I'm looking for recommendations on a guide March/April time frame. We will be hitting the jungle area for a few days but plan on fishing/beach area at the end of the trip. Also any Hotel recommendations will be grateful for either jungle or beach area. Thank you for any recommendations.

What part of CR are you visiting? I’ve got great contacts for
    fishing in Los Suenos and Quepos if you are visiting the Pacific side. Shoot me a PM if you’d like.

Comment

If you are near Los Suenos look up Bubba Carter

Comment

We went for Spring Break last year and hammered the fish. I have a 110" sail in the taxidermist now. Here's a link to my trip, later in the thread I wrote a detailed description of what all we did, and approximate costs. Have fun man!

We used Double Nickel out of Quepos, went 11 for 13 on sails our second day.

Checked billfish off the bucket list, many times over! - TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums
        Last edited by bowhunterhelm; 12-06-2023, 07:53 AM.

Comment

My wife and I will be there for 10 days in March for our 10th anniversary. We are staying two different places during that time, one in northern CR that is more resort type and then 4 days at a place called Aguila de Osa Inn https://aguiladeosa.com/ which is more jungle type and we are doing a fishing charter one day but it is through the resort. Have only heard good things and did quite a bit of research.

Comment

I leave for Costa Rica tomorrow. Have a day of fishing scheduled out of Los Suenos Sunday and a day of fishing Wednesday out of Quepos. If The wife and I have success I will share it in the main page with guide information. It is our 25th wedding anniversary and we'll be there ten days.

Comment

Out of Los Suenos we used Maverick, caught some big Marlin

Comment

If fishing out of Quepos DO NOT use Quepos Fish Adventures…I have fished CR many times and these guys were not good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                  If fishing out of Quepos DO NOT use Quepos Fish Adventures…I have fished CR many times and these guys were not good at all.
                  I sure hate to hear this. I’ve fished with these guys many times and had great trips. Junior and Pepe always worked hard for the fish.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                    Wow.....that was not our experience. They worked hard for us in tough conditions and we were successful.
                    When did you fish with them?

Comment

A buddy of mine is a guide there, he does not have a website yet but here is his number. Bubba Pyle 281-433-9459

Comment

If you are going to the Flamingo area, I highly suggest Capt. Garret Johnson! He is a good ol Texas boy. Charter Service is called Anzuelo Dorado! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3056.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	810.3 KB
ID:	26659350

Comment

I’m having a hell of a trip. Will fill you in on guides when back next week.

Comment

Recommendation from the trip. Use Benn with Jackpotfishing out of Quepos on the boat Good Day. These guys are top notch and will work with you to do the trip you want. I told the captain I wanted to fish in shore for Rooster fish or Cubera snapper. He told me it was pretty slow having fished for a full day two days prior without any luck. He said off shore was on fire for billfish and mahi. We decided to fish a half day and if we had luck we would move in shore to finish the day. We had 6 mahi by 8am. By 1 we had 9 mahi one yellow fin tuna and three missed hook ups on bill fish. All three spitting the hook after short fights. We had enough live bait to fish with inshore so we made the move. Ran an hour to the in shore spot and had my Rooster in the first 5min there. The last three two hours or so were lost hookups on mystery fish without landing anything else. We worked hard. I really liked them because they let me be as hands on or hands off on in the fishing as I wanted. Captain and his sone were the only member on the boat. I liked being involved so I was catching bait, setting rigs out etc and loved it. The other charter we took out of Los Suenos had three deck hands on the boat. We were successful in catching two sail fish and more mahi but they were less inclined to allow me to do any of the work and it felt a little too uppity for my likes. No recommendation there because of that.

Comment

Headed to Quepos on the 29th for 3 days of fishing. Fished last year with Quepos Fish Adventures and it was great!!

Comment

Working...
                              X